Saturday, August 1, 2009

Goodbye Tucson!

It's celebration time in our house, because we've just heard that we'll be moving to Texas! It's been a long, long summer of you-can't-wear-jeans heat and stomp-on-the-ceiling neighbours, but finally the end is in sight! In fact, one of the most satisfying feelings was walking into the Apartment Office and giving them our 30 day notice of leaving.
"Oh, I'm so sorry," said Gaby, the world's most friendly but least helpful employee. "Is something wrong?"
And I thought about saying, "Well, there has a been a leak in our water heater for two months, our carpet smells like wet dog, our fridge doesn't really close properly, we can hear every footstep of the eight people in the apartment above us..." but I didn't. Sorry, next residents, but we pass those problems on to you.

So, in the next week, I'll be packing everything that we unpacked (luckily, a lot of things are still packed... and the boxes are being used as counterspace!) and we'll be driving across country in a U-Haul. Well, Justin will be driving. I'll just be handing over my ID so we get a cheap truck rental. Unfortunately, neither one of us trusts me behind the wheel of a U-Haul... so it'll be a two day affair, I think. But I'm sure it'll go quickly as we're so excited to go!

Just thought I'd share the good news! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah, me too!