Tuesday, June 25, 2013

once upon a thread

oh the places youve been

Today, I'm very excited to be part of a beautiful series called "Once Upon a Thread", curated by Katy of No Big Dill.

The series is all about sewing that is based on books -- mostly gorgeous, literary-inspired children's outfits, and today, my quilt that began with a page from Dr. Seuess's "Oh, The Places You'll Go". I've included a basic tutorial for sewing a quilt of your own from improvisational strips.

All the instructions are given in rhyme -- please stop by if you have the time!

oh the places oh the places oh the places


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the quilt and your photo story behind it. Tilly will make this part of her story I think.

Emily Thompson said...

wow... lovely! I'm not really a quilter, so I'm easily impressed with this beauty! i came over from NO Big Dill... So fun right? I went last week, and its been great being part of this series :o)
Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

Kellie said...

I came over from No Big Dill too! Your rhyming was over the top fantastic! Love your quilt! Now....to go look through your blog :)