Friday, August 28, 2009

Mod Moosies

What with all this knitting, I've been neglecting my other favourite crafty pursuits. Like paper!

These little square frames were a dollar for three a while back at Target, so I got myself a few sets, and filled them with fun squares of scrapbooking paper and cut-out moosies in contrasting colours and patterns. Very Ikea, no?


And speaking of moose, I thought you might like to know that I've started on a whole new series of paintings, inspired by our antlered friends. I've got three designs ready to go, and a heap load of inspiration still bubbling, so... watch this space!

10 comments:

KnockKnocking said...

I think the moose doesn't get the attention he deserves, well done! One of my favorite books growing up was Morris Goes to School. I love those animals!

xoxo Agnes

Anonymous said...

these are really cute!
very creative :)

--
Joanna
http://joannasfoto.com/blog/

SleightGirl said...

Very cool! It's like the Andy Warhol of Moosies! Great job!

Peebs And Roo said...

What a great idea! Good job!

Christie Cottage said...

Cute idea! I like the moose!

Thanks for posting on my blog promo thread!

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Roxanne said...

These are great! Love them:)
Have a super weekend!!!!

Kerry said...

What a great idea! At only $1 a frame it is a wonderful deal too!

Mandy Ferrugia said...

I heart them mooses :]
So cute!
xo.

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Love the mooses too! Hey, are you digging the new Project Runway?

Red Red Completely Red said...

Thanks! I'm glad you all like the moosies so much! I'm hard at work on the next stage of moosie love right now!

And yes, I'm enjoying Project Runway a lot! I loved that All Star Challenge last week, but I nearly wept for poor Korto.