Monday, September 28, 2009

Things I Hate Monday


Well, this week, I thought I'd share some things I naturally don't like, and a couple of ways to turn them into fun, good things!

1. Laundry. Doesn't this look familiar?


Solution 1:
Get this laundry lamp, so even if you can't be bothered to put the clothes away, it'll look like you meant to leave them out.
(Yes, even your racy undies, apparently!)


Solution 2:
Keep a stash of treats on the washing machine which you only get to eat if you do a load of laundry.



2. Ironing. Yes, one shirt isn't so bad, but I put it off and put it off until monster towers form.


Solution 1:
Round up some friends, buy rainbow-coloured Spandex suits, and iron on the go.
(I call the red one!)


Solution 2:
Download the New Yorker podcasts from iTunes (free!) and listen to a story while you iron.
It's like nap time... but things get done!


3. Sick people. Yep, Justin's been down with the flu this week, and it can be less than lovely.

sniffle sniffle
cough
ahhhh-choo
snifffffffle

Solution 1:
Wear a flu mask around the house, and decorate it like this stylish chappy in Mexico.


Solution 2:
Make him hot honey and lemon drinks, and since they're so yummy, make one for yourself, too!


Have a nice Monday!
x0

6 comments:

Mary said...

I heart this entire blog entry!

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Oh, geez, I hate to iron. Seriously, I love laundry and cleaning, but have actually given clothes to Goodwill because I don't want to iron them. Sad. . .

Red Red Completely Red said...

Hahaha, MAB, I've definitely done that with Justin's shirts! He likes to stuff dozens of them into trash bags whenever we move... and the bags just sit around and sit around until I give up and Goodwill gets them!

Victoria said...

That is a good post! I hate ironing too... my MIL-to-be is obsessed with gadgets and bought herself a steamer... so much easier than ironing! I also like your chocolate reward system. :o)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I try to avoid even buying clothes that need to be ironed... knowing I won't. I worked as a nanny for a couple of years in London and one of the jobs involved ironing 5 shirts a week for the father. I rang my mum in Australia to ask her how do I iron??? she said I don't know ring your grandma!

Judy said...

I love the iron on the go photo! Priceless!