Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ribbon Blanky

"Simple Sewing for Baby" has arrived! And so today I got started on my first project: the Tag Blanky.

The idea is that babies love to put the tags of toys in their mouths, and little ribbons sewn around the edges of a blanket feel just like that.

So, with a little red gingham fabric (I told you our baby would see a lot of that!) and some ribbons, I got pinning...


...and then simply machine stitched it together inside out, turned it, and stitched it once more. Finished!


Bella thought it might be a nice bottom warmer...


...or possibly a hat!


So, I'm feeling very good about having something completed from my book already! It was the perfect little project to refresh my sewing machine skills (or lack thereof!) as a warm up for some of the more challenging ideas.

Next on my list from Lotta's "Simple Sewing for Baby":
  • Gingham baby bloomers
  • Simple trousers (for which I've got my eye on Justin's old striped shirts)
  • Roll-up changing blanket
  • Rattle
And a couple from the lovely lovely "Handmade Home":
  • Family heart
  • Eco-friendly cleaner
How wonderful to have such inspiring books! I highly recommend both of these.

1 comments:

Loreal said...

Congrats on finishing your project! Can't wait to see what else you come up with for your baby!