Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Four Weeks

Here we are again, at 7.23pm on a Tuesday, celebrating exactly four weeks of Tilly.


In fact, Tilly was so excited by the idea of being four weeks old, she decided not to take a single decent nap today. We finally got her to close her eyes about 6pm, and I'd promised Justin that I would not go in and wake her up with a flash by taking her photo at 7.23pm, but then little Tilly woke up on her own, just in time! I can see that she'll fit in perfectly with our photo-obsessed family!


And, for the first time, I didn't spend the whole day watching the clock and reminding myself of what I was doing at each point in time four weeks ago. It's finally okay to let the experience of labour move into the past now, I think, and focus on today's minutes of little toes in little socks.

4 comments:

J said...

I'll never forget that day. It is etched into my mind forever...

Jadyn said...

Happy four weeks beautiful Tilly! What a smart little girl you are, waking up just in time for your picture to be taken! xo

Loreal said...

lol... she definitely fits in already! I love it! And I just can't believe how much she looks like her Daddy!

Honey Nest said...

lol, I love reading your blog! This post was really cute. She's so beautiful :)