Sunday, June 26, 2011

{nikon junior}

What better way to distract Tilly from our new camera than making a version just for her? Please welcome the T90 -- a stuffed felt copy of ours, for little fingers.


Nice bright buttons to control all of her settings, stitched and glued on as I have a feeling Tilly might still think of buttons as a tasty treat.


And, on the back, her very own screen for viewing her shots! With a plastic cover, the photos are protected from being scrunched and dribbled onto.


The screen is open along one side to allow you to change out the photos and keep it interesting.


I flipped through a couple of magazines to find pictures of dogs to add. Tilly loves these. I imagine, if she had a real camera, she would only use it to photograph dogs!


It turns out this cheeky little Westie, from a dog food advert, is her favourite!


The flash on top serves as a little handle, so Tilly can happily carry her camera around. Perfectly lightweight for little hands!


If you've got a camera-grabbing little one, too, and are interested in making your own version, I've put together a kit, including all the felt, stuffing, buttons and instructions you need to whip one up in no time. You can find it over at my shop.


Now, Tilly and I are loading our pockets with dog treats and heading off to search the neighbourhood for friendly dogs to snap!

8 comments:

Vanesa said...

This came out so cute! Love it!

Ingrid @ Fable of the Table said...

What a great idea. Hours of fun here but I think Tilly will soon be wanting the real thing too.

Lori said...

Saw your creation on Make It MOnday. This is darling! Fabulous idea - love that you can change pictures on the back!

suzARTe said...

This project is just too cute, I love it.

So happy to have come across your project on MIM

Michelle said...

Hi Astrid

Wow, this is an amazing project!!

Unfortunately it does not fit with the Make IT Monday linky party as it is not a papercraft.

I will have to delete your entry.

Can I suggest that you link it up to my friends blog, she has a regular linky party for all things crafty and it would be perfect there.

http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2011/06/round-tuit-55.html

Kind regards

Michelle :o)

Anna Bartlett said...

What a terrific project - and the slip in pocket at the back is superb. I hope she grows up to be a terrific photographer!

Jill said...

I LOVE this idea! So perfect for little hands and rewarding too when they see the photo in the back! Great work!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Anna Lloyd said...

so cute! you are just too clever.