Friday, July 5, 2013

in progress: all in red

You might find it a little hard to believe, but I've never made anything completely red. Usually, I can't resist a little turquoise, a little pink, a lot of grey. So this work in progress is really something new to me -- seeing how it is still possible to create interest and movement by combing prints with solids, and mingling orangey-reds with reddy-reds.

redsreds

The reds are a mixture of fabrics I've collected over the years, some passed along from my Mum, some swapped with Heidi of Red Letter Quilts in an effort to thriftily bulk up each of our red stashes, and these gorgeous Echino leopard scraps recently received from Ashley of Film in the Fridge.

Don't hold your breath, this one won't be ready for a few months; I just couldn't resist sharing this lovely pile with you -- just like a punnet of freshly-picked strawberries, no?

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Your reds are looking good! Yesterday I made a treasury of reds you will enjoy https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MjUwMzIzNTR8MjcyMjEzOTgxMQ/red-cotton-inspires-me?ref=pr_treasury