Friday, March 26, 2010

The Red Leaf Heart

Today was one of those beautiful, find-any-reason-to-be-outside kinds of days. I didn't feel like reading, I didn't feel like writing, and Bella wanted to sit in the bushes and chew on her own leg instead of playing fetch. But I still wanted to be outside.


What happened was the great de-leafing of the funny bush in our garden that grows mostly green leaves, but with a few bright bright red leaves as well.


I made a little collection of the reddest leaves, and managed to happily amuse myself for quite a long time, arranging them into a little heart.


Of course, once she spotted the camera, Bella trotted over, and decided that she needed to be the centre of attention!


And, as a little update, I'm very proud to say I'm now in my third trimester! New cravings include: tortilla chips and salsa that's rather spicier than I usually like, strawberries, raspberry and yoghurt homemade smoothies, and banana splits. So, I've got a feeling Tilly's going to like fruit!

3 comments:

Loreal said...

Congrats on being in the third tri! I hope you keep feeling well! (And when are we going to see some new belly pictures? =)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea to make a heart out of the pretty leaves. This actually made me smile this morning and now I will go on with my day.

Crystalizad said...

Congrats on being in the third tri! I hope you keep feeling well! (And when are we going to see some new belly pictures? =)