Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bench Cushion

It's been a lovely morning of sewing, with Blunty and Norah on the CD player, and banana smoothies for refreshment. I do spoil myself!


The bench that Justin built for our entryway last autumn finally has a cushion! This cushion serves two purposes: firstly, comfort; and secondly, covering up where the screws misbehaved and didn't quite go in right!


And, you won't believe this, but I found both these fabrics on Walmart's bargain fabric rack... both were $1.50 a yard! But unfortunately, because I didn't have any specific project in mind when I bought it, I only got half a yard of each! Luckily, it was enough... just!


And I'm planning to continue the relaxation on into this evening: a little scrapbooking, another Coco Chanel film (I just saw "Coco Before Chanel" and loved it!) and a nice cold glass of Cranberry-and-fizzy-water!

2 comments:

Loreal said...

Ohhh, do tell what you're scrapbooking these days!

Shab said...

That cushion is fabulous! I wish I could sew, or had the time to learn! Looking forward to looking back at your projects! I LOVE the fact that red runs throughout your projects!