Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{pinterest challenge: ruffles}

This tutorial -- seen on, you guessed it, Pinterest -- was for a ruffled tote bag to take Trick or Treating. With a different set of colours, though, it was easily adapted for a new season of celebration.


Don't know how to make ruffles? You will after sewing this bag. (Note: you'll probably also have discovered how NOT to do it!) Tilly has been trotting around with ours today, and I love how it looks as if she's wearing a floor-length flamenco dress!


P.S. Looking for a free Christmas present? I'm giving away a new piece from my shop over here -- stop by, leave a comment, and win yourself an original bit of Red Red.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

What a cheerfu-lookingl blog, Astrid. Your bag (and Tilly) looks as if it's about to dance off the page!

Alice said...

That's such a cute idea! I love the bag it's gorgeous! I can't believe how old Tilly has gotten in the past two months.. NEXT CHALLENGE... RUFFLY EYE MASK?! I THINK SO.