Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fabrics for Tilly

Little Matilda finally has some clothes waiting for her! In the post the other day, I found two beautiful nighties and two baby cardigans, all of which my Mum made for me when I was first born. They are so lovely, and so special.


And here's a photo of me in the same nightie, a quarter of a century earlier: (click me!)

Mum also sent some photos of fabrics she's got lined up to make into more nighties, among other things, for Tilly. I can't wait to see what becomes of them!



Luckily, we seem to have just the same taste in fabrics: bright colours and bold patterns, but also sweet girly pinks and rose prints.


What a lucky baby! I'm off to the doctor today for my check-up, so hopefully we'll see that she's still doing well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you like them Astrid.
Buying fabric is always my greatest pleasure!!!
As you can see in my post today on the same subject!

Erica said...

wow! awesome fabric! that nightie is so cute and thet picture of you is adorable!

Loreal said...

How sweet! Little Tilly is going to have so many beautiful things! And you were a super-cute baby, love that picture!